Monday, February 9, 2009

Porto de Galinhas

I've been in Arizona for almost a month now. So far I'm really enjoying it. Sierra was here last week. For her Birthday present I bought her a plane ticket and we spent the weekend together.

On Friday we went camping out in the desert with the two Lignell families. It was fantastic. I love the desert at night. Even though the moon was bright you could still see the stars way better than from the city. You could see the splash of the milky-way through the middle of the sky. That spiral arm of the galaxy that are distant members of.

clip_image002

It was fun to go camping in January. the fun part was that it felt like a Northwest Washington summer.

We went swimming every day she was here. It was sunny and warm.

I was sad to see her leave. I'm so glad she and her brothers will be back this weekend. It gives me something great to look forward to in a time that may otherwise be yucky.

It's been raining the past couple of days here in AZ. It hasn't been warm either. I'm glad to know that it can rain, but it makes me even more excited for the other thing I have to look forward to. The week after next I'm leave for carnaval vacation in Brazil with my fiancé.

We are going to spend some time in Porto de Galinhas. This has become one of my favorite spots in the world. Porto de Galinhas has beautiful beaches, sun, warm surf, and the town is just a little out of the way beach town. It will be a fantastic place for a vacation.

brasil_2008_ 058

I hope to have many more vacations in this spot or spots similar to this.

4 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

I am so jealous right now. I've heard a ton about Porto de Galinhas. Enjoy your trip!

Ernest Pratt said...

I'll take lots of pictures. Maybe we can be there together someday.

Heidi said...

You are so amazing with that camera...that's what I'm jealous of...

Ernest Pratt said...

Heidi! You are SOOO funny. I learned everything I know from you!